13 January 2010

New Year's Resolution


Just a few posts in last year, I would write much more often this year.

My Quest for the Holy Grail of Health Informatics has been not easy, but showing some progresses. However, there are some difficulties in writing these developing stories as blog posts, so I will take a bit different approach in this blog from now on.

Have you ever heard of Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War'? I recently read through it and watched a TV programme on History Channel featuring this ancient wisdom. I was really impressed by its comprehensiveness and relevance for over 2,400 years and even today, with regard to winning over merciless enemies.

Healthcare is literally 'a matter of life and death' as Sun Tzu perceived the art of war. In fact, it is a war we cannot afford to lose and 'a road either to safety or ruin' not only for a person but also for a nation.

As Sun Tzu dedicated a whole chapter to the intelligence, it is of crucial importance in healthcare, too. Health Informatics is what it is all about.

So I would like to discuss applications of the principles from 'The Art of War' into Health Informatics and/or Healthcare itself here. I am already brimming with ideas on the excerpts to put here. I hope you enjoy them, too.

The English texts of Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' are from The Project Gutenberg eBook, The Art of War, by Sun Zu


No comments:

Post a Comment